Image Map

Spotlight On: Misty Miller from Little Room Under the Stairs

Monday, November 24, 2014


Hello! I'm Misty from Little Room Under the Stairs and am excited to be a part of the Lesson Deli ladies. This is my 19th year of teaching. I am currently a 7th & 8th grade Resource teacher. I teach remediation math and language arts in our local Jr. High. I taught elementary Resource for 12 years before moving to 7th & 8th grade.

Family is important to me. My family includes my husband, our twin boys, and our cat. Dan and I have been married for 23 years. We first met in 8th grade and then started dating at the end of our senior year of high school. We both attended Purdue University and married while still in college. Our boys, Jacob & Caleb, are almost 18 years old and seniors in high school. We live in the same town I grew up in.

For fun, I enjoy spending time with my family. We love going to the Smoky Mountains to camp, hike, and relax. We've also spent our fair share of summer vacations on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Dan and I took up geocaching a couple of years ago and enjoy the mystery and hunt! I also like some time to myself to quilt, read, and scrapbook. Before joining TPT I made and sold digital scrapbook kits under the designer name of Designs by Snowlady.

I do love creating teaching products that teachers can use in their classroom. Teachers Pay Teachers has been such a blessing for me. I have been able to share what I do in my classroom with teachers across the world. Since my students are taking 2 math or 2 language arts classes every day, I need to make the subject enjoyable while they are learning concepts they've missed. Movement is one way I can do that. One of my favorite products is my musical chairs game. I always tell the kids it's not your normal birthday party musical chairs. With music playing, getting to walk around, and math problems to answer in a fun way, my students thoroughly enjoy it!

You can find my math products along with some background papers, labels, and borders in my Teachers Pay Teachers store: Misty Miller.

Thanks for stopping by. Happy Holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment