Image Map

'Tis the Season for Writing!

Saturday, December 27, 2014

I admit it.....I enjoy writing with my students! I see it as a chance to have a closer glimpse into their unique personalities. I love to see how they respond to specific prompts...and I love how they listen and critique their peers with their writing as well. Recently, I've tweaked my prompts to reflect the types of writing being asked of students with the revised standards. Incorporating persuasive, expository, and narrative writing with engaging topics makes my writing station flourish! I've recently finished a set of 12 prompts that reflect key holidays and events in December, January, & February. In addition, I developed a simple rubric to assess students' writing and reflect on needed areas of growth. Here is a sample:

I really feel that my students have grown in their writing this year....and it helps me to keep them practicing all the types of writing that they may be asked to do. I hope this gives you ideas on how to stay inspired and tackle writing all year long!

No comments:

Post a Comment